Effective June 2018
- Personal Information We Collect
The types of personal information we collect about you will depend on our relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of goods and/or services you request from us. These personal information may include:
- Your contact details including, but not limited to, your email address, postal/delivery address and telephone/mobile number
- Your organisation’s name, mission, ABN/ACN, website and any social media platforms
- Information relating to your use of our website
- How We Collect Personal Information
2.1 We may collect personal information about you when you register to be either a pioneer, patron or partner of The Platform. We also collect your personal information when you register to use Platform for any events, when you sign-in to our venue, when you submit an open house tour form and when you submit a contact us form.
2.2 We also use a range of social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to distribute news, announcements, advertisements and to address community enquiries. If you submit or post comments, images or other personal content for public display on social media, that information may be available for anyone in the world to read, view or comment on.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
3.1 We may use information about you for various purposes related to operating The Platform, including to:
- Provide and maintain The Platform, including processing transactions, develop new services and manage the performance of The Platform;
- Allow you to share information about your use of The Platform through a third-party social media service, if you connect your account through that service (which you can turn off at any time) and to provide you with better recommendations;
- To maintain records and comply with our legal obligations;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with The Platform;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions, abuse, and other illegal activities; to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Platform and others and to enforce compliance with our policies;
- Perform accounting and administrative tasks, and enforce/manage legal claims;
- For any other use that you authorise in writing.
3.2 The provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of our website and we may be unable to provide you with goods and/or services.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
4.1 We may disclose your personal information to third parties that perform services for us in connection with our website and in connection with sale and provision of our services, including third parties who:
- Provide information technology services such as data storage, website hosting, software and system development, maintenance and support, and information processing;
- Assist us in providing delivery of services to you;
- Assist us in processing debit/credit payments;
- Provide marketing services; and
- Provide services in the course of investigating complaints or a security incident.
4.2 We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- To comply with judicial proceedings or a court order;
- To establish, exercise or defend a legal or equitable claim; or
- For the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution.
5.1 Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. Our website may store cookies on your web browser.
5.2 The main reasons we store cookies are to:
- Improve your website browsing experience;
- Gather statistics on website usage; and
- Enable us to present customised and appropriate messages to you.
5.3 You can set up most web browsers so you are notified when a cookie is received, so you can then either accept or reject it. You can also check the cookies stored by your web browser and remove any that you do not want.
- How We Hold and Keep Your Personal Information Secure
6.1 We hold your personal information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. We may use third party information system providers who may store or have access to your personal information.
6.2 We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from third parties.
- Disclosure of Personal Information Overseas
In the course of providing our services, we may disclose your personal information to third parties located overseas who assist us. In particular, we may disclose your personal information to data processors, delivery agents and providers of information technology services.
- Access and Correction of Personal Information About You
8.1 If you like to request access to, or correction of, the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details in the section of our website titled “Contact”.
8.2 We will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles.
8.3 Your request to access this information will be dealt with within a reasonable amount of time.
8.4 If we refuse to provide you with access to, or correct the information, we will, to the extent required by law, notify you of our reasons for the refusal and how you may complain about the refusal.
- Terms and Conditions
Use of our website and services is subject to our terms and conditions available on our website and this policy should be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict or disagreement between this policy and the terms and conditions, the terms and conditions will prevail.
- Privacy Complaints and Further Information
If you have a concern about your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used, please contact us using the contact details in the section of our website titled “Contact”. We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.